Saturday, October 31, 2009

Adam Lambert - For Your Entertainment (Single)


Do you know what you got into? Can you handle what I'm 'bout to do? Cause it's about to get rough for you. I'm here for your entertainment.

Luckily for Adam Lambert, his intended audience likes it rough. Adam's warning for anyone listening is clear. His first single, "For Your Entertainment," from his debut album of the same name, hits you hard with no apologies. Anyone expecting the typical American Idol album is in for a shock. Lambert has never compromised himself in his art, and this single is no different. No matter who you are, or your opinion of Lambert, this is for you. The entire message of this song is aimed at everyone, and if you're talking about him or his song, he has accomplished his mission.

A first listen will give you the impression he's talking to someone he's got in his bed, and how he's about to work them out until they can't see straight anymore. You'd be right, but there are deeper messages here. A warning for his fans, letting them know he's not going to be "soft and sweet," and they'd better be ready for what he's about to give them. He's here for their entertainment! He wants them to enjoy what he's about to throw out. "I told ya I'm-a hold you down until you're amazed, give it to you 'til you're screaming my name."

To those people who aren't into what Adam's offering, well, he's still got you. He wants his name to be on your lips. No matter what you're saying about him, he's still entertaining you, isn't he? "No escaping when I start, once I'm in I own your heart."

This is a brilliant introduction for Adam. Everything about it encompasses everything about him. In your face, no boundaries, open like a book, sexy and in control. If you ever doubted he'd be a superstar before, there's no denying it after this. Let him entertain you 'til you scream.

You can pre-order a Collector's Edition of his album off of his official website, Adam Official, and get an instant download of this amazing song. The Collector's Edition, released on November 23rd, comes with a 16 page, hard cover photobook, and 2 bonus tracks, for $24.99, which is a great deal. Go to his website and check it out!

Adam Lambert Official Website
Adam Lambert on Twitter


For Your Entertainment - Adam Lambert

11 comments:

  1. great article, right on the money! I was like what the hell was that the first time I heard it, now I can't stop listening to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the article. You, like me, are one of those people that "get" Adam. There are is so much double entendre in this song it's incredible. "Once I'm in I own your heart" - that is soooo true! Adam, you are GENIUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MmmmmmmmmmmmmmHmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved everything about the song the first time I heard it and love it even more each time I listen to it. The lyrics were so meant for Adam to sing on his debut album and so directed at us the listener. "no escaping when we start once I'm in I own your heart. Also, oh! do you know what you got into? can you handle what I'm 'bout to do? because it's about to get rough for you I'm here for your entertainment. God I love these lyrics and everythig Adam."

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow--you nailed it with this article. Adam and this new song are brilliant. Adam is addictive and he has definitely stolen my heart(musically). I have listened to FYE at least 50 times and it is AWESOME! I am exctited about the ride Adam will take us on. Wonderful article--thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great article! I'm loving this song so much and the lyrics of course ;)
    Now i just realized that i've been playing FYE for 56 times. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous article! The lyrics of this song are both an invitation and a warning to Adam's listeners: it's going to be a whirlwind and a roller-coaster ride, so hold on tight. For those who are in it with him, the rewards will be huge. Brilliant first song for him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a huge Adam fan, When I first heard this song I was "Well Okay, it's Adam and I will love it" But OMG!!! I freakin love it. The lyric's make me insane, he is talking right to us, We all know Adam is gonna take us on a wild crazy ride and We are ready for him to turn up the heat!!! Adam makes no apologies and he doesn't need to He is a SUPERSTAR and Things are about to HEAT UP!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spot on. the words are well thought out. Adam said he liked to sing songs that had some meaning for him. Cant wait for the rest of the album. He is as brilliant as the song is. And I totally adore him. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the song from the first play. I was humming it before I even started the second play. I cannot stop dancing to it. The beat is insane! I can see them dancing in the aisles at the AMA"s. They won't be abl;e to help themselves.

    I love the lyrics and Adam is going to take us for a wild ride. I thought, when I first heard it, that Adam was portraying himself as the devil entertaining us and grabbing us through our vices & I had no probl;em with that for adam likes to be provatitive. Now I can see the whole talking to the fans thing. I get that now.

    Adam we are ready for whatever you bring for we love you dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this review! Adam Lambert is like no other...I've been enthralled with him since he sang 'satisfaction' on idol. This man has it all, sex appeal, great looks, and the best voice I've EVER heard!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete